Sunday, January 31, 2016

Im back in Des Moines!

January 24, 2016

Hey Everyone! I am now back in Des Moines. For future reference I will now email every Sunday. My Preparation Day is now Saturday, but we will email on Sunday. Things are going well. I got to see, and teach a few of the people that I taught from when I served here in the past. I will now serve in the Easter Lake ward for 12 months of my mission. I love it here. We had a very busy week. On Thursday I went with the Departing Missionaries to the temple. The temple trip was postponed from Tuesday due to weather. The temple was great. This week has been super busy. 

Today Eunice, the Liberian lady I taught before came to church her children are still unbaptized. They came to Church as well. It was great to see them. The work is really going well. We taught a ton of people from Africa. Mostly Liberians. I love the people of Liberia. They are so humble, and sincere. They truly have real intent. (Moroni 10:3-5) Next week will be very busy as well. We will spend Monday preparing for the upcoming week of transfers. We will not be having a transfer meeting anymore. We will just meet in Iowa City or Des Moines and go to the new areas we are assigned to serve in. We also will be picking up the new missionaries on Wednesday at the Airport. We will spend the day introducing them to the mission, and planning who they will be trained by. Then Thursday we will arrange all the missionaries being transferred. Friday we will take 16 missionaries to the Airport to fly home. 

I enjoyed seeing people that I taught while I was here. This week we also had a Worldwide broadcast for all the missionaries. The titel of the Broadcast was "Teach Repentance, and Baptize Converts". We are going to work on teaching people to repent so they can gain a testimony of the restored gospel. It was a great broadcast. I love the fact that we get the oppurtunity to be instructed by Prophets of God. We truly are blessed to be part of Christs' Church.   The work is great. I love the Lord. I love you all! Have a great week! 
-Elder Lords
P.S the picture is of President and Sister Jensen, my new companion, Elder Banta on the left of me, and Elder Zabriskie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment