Sunday, January 3, 2016

Getting Transferred!

September 21, 2015

Hello Everyone, 
I got the call this morning from President Jensen that I will be getting transferred. I am sad to go, but also excited for the things to come. I always like going to new areas. I kind of like the change of a new place. The worst part is packing haha. We will go to transfer meeting on Thursday, and I will find out my new companion and area. 
This week was a pretty good week. We were able to teach a few people and talk to quite a few people. I really enjoy bearing my testimony to people when they are trying to tell us the church is false or other anti-Mormon literature. It is really cool to feel the spirit working through you. Preach My Gospel talks about "What is a successful missionary" in chapter one. It talks about how your successful when you invite someone or when you feel the spirit working through you. It says a few other things too, but I don't have time to quote it exactly haha! If you want to look it up its in chapter 1. 
This week we had a really cool experience with Nancy and Claude. We were teaching Claude and Nancy the 3rd lesson, The Gospel of Jesus Christ. We always leave Claude a pamphlet and he reads it before we come back and has questions. Up to this point they were pretty skeptical of being baptized. About half way through the lesson Claude said to the translator, Brother Dawson a member of our ward who speaks french, that the other pamphlets didn't speak to him like this one did. He said the Gospel of Christ pamphlet really spoke to him and that he would pray more sincerely about getting baptized. It was a cool lesson. The spirit really softened his heart. Even in Africa where they are from, bad things are said about the Church. I shared this scripture from the Bible because I believe it is so true as to why people say bad things about members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-Day Saints: John 15:18-19 

 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
That scripture really summarizes to me why people often say bad things about the Church. Because we aren't of the world. I am so grateful that we get to listen to the Prophet and other General Authorities of the Church in 2 weeks. Have a great week! I love you all!
-Elder Lords

No comments:

Post a Comment