Sunday, January 31, 2016

Happy New Year!

January 4, 2016

Wow, where did 2015 go? It went by fast it seems, but as I reflect it seems like 2014 was about a thousand years ago!! We had a good week. We have been working really hard. I am working the hardest that I have my whole mission. We really want to find solid people to teach. We teach about 12 to 15 lessons a week, but we just keep teaching people who are flaky. I love the people we are teaching, but I want to find someone who really wants to be taught. So we are working hard to find the elect. 

Marie came to Church this Sunday, and is doing well. We are trying to help Marie to prepare for baptism on February 13th, and Chelsie for January 23rd. We are trying to find more people who want to be baptized. The work is going well. We have been blessed with people to teach.
I have been thinking about the purpose of the Gospel lately. My thoughts come from 3 Nephi 27. I believe the Gospel is supposed to change us.  "Then and now, as President David O. McKay so consistently taught, the gospel of Jesus Christ can make bad men good and good men better, can alter human nature and change human lives." In 3 Nephi 27:19 it says 19 And no unclean thing can enter into his kingdom; therefore nothing entereth into his rest save it be those who have washed their garments in my blood, because of their faith, and the repentance of all their sins, and their faithfulness unto the end. My goal is to allow the atonement of Jesus Christ to change me into a person who is worthy to return to the presence of God. I Love you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment