Sunday, June 19, 2016

900 Miles!

June 19


Hey Everyone! 

We had a good week this week. We travelled around the mission quite a bit. So far this week we drove over 900 miles. It was a lot of driving. We attended Zone Training Meetings in Nauvoo, Cedar Falls, and Iowa City. It was good. The mission seemed to benefit from the training this last week. This week we have Zone Conference that we will be travelling to. It was hard to be gone all week. We just wanted to be back in Des Moines teaching people, but we know that what we were doing was also important. President Jensen has us present our training at three different Zone Training Meetings. 

I want to share a cool story. So on Wednesday we were driving to Cedar Falls, Iowa. We were driving along and we got a call from Hannah. She is the Aunt of Justin. Justin was the boy who was baptized last week. We have been teaching her for a few months, but she has been nervous about being baptized. She is a great lady. She has great faith. She called and said "Can I be baptized on the 20th?" So we talked with her and said that we could come by Friday once we were home, and talk about things. So Hannah will be getting baptized this Saturday at 11 a.m. We are really excited for her. She is super prepared. 

This week we will have a goodbye Zone Conferences for President, and Sister Jensen. I am super sad that they are leaving, but they have been so great for the past 3 years they have been serving. Have a great week! 

Also, Happy Fathers day! I love my Father. I also love my Father in Heaven. I am grateful to be a missionary.

"Perhaps the most essential of a father’s work is to turn the hearts of his children to their Heavenly Father. If by his example as well as his words a father can demonstrate what fidelity to God looks like in day-to-day living, that father will have given his children the key to peace in this life and eternal life in the world to come.9 A father who reads scripture to and with his children acquaints them with the voice of the Lord." My Father taught me this, and so much more. My Mother definitely helped as well! I have great parents! 
"Fathers" By Elder D. Todd Christofferson 

 -Elder Lords



No comments:

Post a Comment