Sunday, June 19, 2016

April 10
Hey Everyone! 
Life is great we had a good amount of time in our area this week! We had meetings in Iowa City Tuesday, and Wednesday morning, but other than that we were in our area all week. It was great! We were blessed to teach 8 new people this week. It was a lot of fun! We taught people from all over. We taught a lady from Thailand, and a lady from Liberia of course. We met a lot of cool people. 

We also ate some Fufu last night. Fufu is an african dish. It looks like a ball of dough. You put some on your fingers then you dip it in spicy soup, then you swallow it whole haha! It is an interesting dish. I kinda like it. The family that fed it to us had just gotten back from buying/butchering a goat haha! I will attach a few pictures! 

This week we get to go with the departing missionaries to the temple. It will be great. I love the temple. We will wake up at 6 a.m. and drive three hours to the Nauvoo temple. It should be great! Elder Gowers one of my previous companions will be going home. He is a great missionary. He is one of my favorite companions it will be sad to see him leave! 

The rest of the week we will transfer plan with President Jensen. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from about 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m. we will transfer plan. It is fun/stressful/tiring to transfer plan. It will be good for the mission to have a change though! Life is good. Recently I have been reading back through "The Pearl of Great Price". I really enjoy learning about the creation and all the great doctrine in that book! I hope that you all have a great week! I love you all! 
-Elder Lords  

Pictures: 
The stuff in the sink is what Mable calls "Goat Gut" haha. 
The other picture is Fred and I. He was baptized December 31st
The other picture is Fufu and Spicy soup



No comments:

Post a Comment