Sunday, June 19, 2016

May 22
What a week! This week was great. It was full of great things. Mahawa was married at the church on Friday. It went well. I will attach pictures. Bishop Cook married them. Then Mahawa was baptized yesterday, and confirmed today! 

The wedding was really great. It was half a gym of Liberians. It was great. I love Liberian people. They are very loud people so it was a fun wedding. The wedding was scheduled for 4 p.m. No one showed up tell about 5 p.m. We were talking to a few people at the wedding, and they said "Us Liberians are always late." It turned out good. Mahawa was baptized the next day at 1:30 p.m. Her daughter Princess was planning to be baptized with her, but her Grandparents found out and didn't want her to be baptized it was sad. They stopped her from being baptized. Patience, a friend of Mahawa, was supposed to be baptized as well. She got nervous, and backed out she. Says "I will wait until June 4th." So hopefully she can be baptized then. It was stressful trying to figure everything out this weekend. It was good. 

This Saturday I will find out who my new companion will be. Then next Tuesday we will pick him up on the way to the temple next Tuesday. We will be in a trio until June 10th when Elder Banta goes home. I am so grateful to be on a mission. I love Christ, and his church. I hope all is well. I love you all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment