Sunday, July 5, 2015

What a week!

 May 27, 2015
 
     Hello Everyone, First off that I could not email until today. Monday was Memorial Day so the library was closed. Tuesday we had a MLC (Mission Leadership Training). It was from 9 to 5. CRAZY long but great meeting. I love President and Sister Jensen.
I am now in Iowa City. My companion is Elder Whitning. He is from Eager, AZ. We have a sweet apartment. We live in North Liberty, IA it is just North of Iowa city. I am only about 15 or so miles from Cedar Rapids. The members are great in the ward. It is more like a ward from Idaho or Utah. Most of the people are from Utah haha. The ward has a ton of young families that are attending medical school or doing there residency at the university hospital. The missionary work is not as fast paced as i would like it to be. We live in a pretty wealthy area. That is okay though. We are going to work hard and im sure the lord will bless us with miracles. He has blessed me with miracles my hole mission.
I hope that all is well for everyone. We have been putting a focus on the Book of Mormon in our mission. While contacting people I often ask "Can I share a scripture with you?" People usually always say yes. I like to share Moroni 10:32
 32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.
It is a new thing we are trying as a mission and its going to be great. Everyone we have done it with usually wants to know more. I hope all is well! Have a great week! Love you all!
-Elder Lords
P.S The pictures are with the McPhersons and Kory and Kayla. The McPhersons are the coolest Jamaican convert family ever. They have the sweetest testimonies. Kory and Kayla are some of the coolest people Ive been able to teach!


No comments:

Post a Comment