Saturday, July 11, 2015

Happy 4th!



Hello Everyone, I am proud to be an american. We were able to celebrate Independence Day with our Bishop. He is a great man and by far my favorite Bishop thus far on my mission. I probably shouldn't pick favorites, but he is a top notch man! He is a Business Professor and we watched the fireworks off the balcony of the University of Iowa Business department it was sweet. We weren't aloud to be out of our apartment after 6 unless we were with members.

This week has been great as far as the work goes. We are still trying to find people to teach, but we had an investigator at church. Kelly was at church and is on date to be Baptized August 1st. We are really excited for her. We are also teaching a sweet young couple named Michael and Michelle. Michael works at the Marriott as an engineer and so he sees President Jensen every time President comes to town. This week we will have MLC which means ill sit in a meeting from 9 to 5. Its great to be there, but it gets long. Luckily, I get to listen to President Jensen in MLC he tends to say it like it is. It is really funny. He is such a loving man. 
I hope all is well. I am so grateful for the atonement of Christ. I am so grateful that we can repent and that we can take the sacrament each week. I love the Book of Mormon. I know its the word of God. My favorite scripture on the Atonement is Alma 7:11-13. Have a great week. I Love you! 
-Elder Lords

No comments:

Post a Comment