Sunday, July 5, 2015

Traveled back to Des Moines

 June 29, 2015
Hey Everyone,
I want to change things up and start my email off with my favorite George W. Bush quote: "Foul me once shame on you, foul me twice.... well you ain't gonna foul me twice." Haha! Just so everyone know that I haven't lost the humor in me! Well this week was pretty good! I got to Drive to Des Moines to see Eunice get baptized. They children weren't baptized because the Father who is living in Liberia still wouldn't allow them to get baptized. I was sad, but super happy Eunice was baptized and I was able to attend. We are 2 hours from Des Moines and in order to go a member had to drive us. Brother Melessa drove us. He is a great man. He works at the University in the Accounting Department. 

This week is also transfer week. We got the call this morning that Elder Whiting and myself will be staying together in Iowa City. I have been here 6 weeks(1 Transfer) which is crazy. The time flew by! We were able to teach a few new people this week. We taught Michael who is a really cool young guy. Michael recently was married, 3 weeks ago, he works at the Marriott as an Engineer. We are teaching him and his wife tonight. Due to transfer meeting being on thursdays the week of transfers we do not have P-Day on Monday. So this week we have P-Day on Wednesday. The work is going well. We watched Ephraim's Rescue this week with an investigator named Mark. Ive seen that movie twice now on my mission and it is the greatest! I love it. The pioneers and the early saints sacrificed so much for the church. I feel to have it so easy. We are really focusing as a mission on teaching with the Book of Mormon. I love the power that comes from that back. I know its true. Love you all! Have a great week! 
-Elder Lords
(Pictures from Eunice's Baptism and from the huge mosquito bite I got!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment