Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hot and Humid!

Hello Everyone, Well I want to start out and apologize for all my grammatical errors in my previous emails. I don't take much time to proof read them. If there are a lot of errors today its REALLY humid today and my fingers just about slid of the keyboard haha. This week has been good. We had MLC on Tuesday. It was a pretty good meeting. Its long like I have mentioned before. We just talk about the mission and how we can improve. This week we taught Kelly several times. It was great. She is progressing towards baptism so well. I am so excited for her to be baptized and the blessings that came with baptism.

This week on Friday we will be going to Nauvoo for Zone Conference. It is about a 2 hour drive. We will have a van full of missionaries. It will be good. We almost got permission to go to the temple and stay for the pageant that night, but President Jensen did not want us driving home at from 11 p.m to 1 a.m. Hopefully we will be able to find a member to take us to the Nauvoo Pageant. This last week we also had the opportunity to watch President Packers funeral. That was a neat experience. I am so anxious to see who will be called as apostles and if they will wait until conference to do it. The church is true. I love the scriptures. Currently I am studying the Doctrine and Covenants and I am using an institute manual and it is great. So many gospel truths are held in the Doctrine and Covenants. I just finished Section 77 this morning. 
Alma 48:15-17. I am not perfect in anyway. I learn of more weaknesses every day and sometimes people remind me of my weaknesses, but I know that through the atonement I can and am made clean of my sins. I continue to mess up and make mistakes but as I turn to our Father in Heaven in prayer I know I can be forgiven and try harder to improve. Love you all! 
The gospel is supposed to change us its not about where we have been but where we are willing to let the Savior take us. One of my favorite quotes from conference “’Twas I; but ’tis not". 
-Elder Lords

No comments:

Post a Comment