Sunday, March 20, 2016

February 7, 2016

February 7, 2016
Hey Everyone! Things are going well. First, I want to say congratulations to my sister Rachael who had a baby this week! I am an uncle now! It has been a good week! We stayed busy this week, and we saw some cool miracles as well. I am loving being back in Des Moines. Today has been a good day. We had a few investigators at Church. Dakota (she is the friend of a member), Tonya(Liberian), Rose(Liberian), and Carli( Part-member family). The work is going great! We taught Tonya on Saturday, and had a great lesson with her. She understood the Restoration, and felt the spirit. 

We went to Iowa City on Thursday we had MLC then we drove a trailer load of furniture to Cedar Rapids to some sister missionaries who are moving into a new apartment. It was fun to be in Cedar Rapids for a little. That was one of my old areas. This week we will be traveling the mission going to Zone Training Meetings. We will leave Tuesday, and we will be at different Zone Training Meetings Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. We will travel to Davenport, Clinton, and Cedar Falls. It should be a lot of fun! 

This week President Jensen trained on the Christ-like attribute of patience. It was a great thing for me to hear. He talked about being patient with our companions, and the people we teach. It was a great reminder to me of how important patience is. He talked about Job, and all the hardships that he went through. He never questioned or got upset with Heavenly Father. Then in the end he was rewarded with everything that he had being doubled. I hope that I can be like Job, and overcome my trails, and hardships with strong faith. The topic of patience in our trails reminded me of the talk by President Eyring called "Mountains to Climb." I love that talk I will share a quote from it. "If we have faith in Jesus Christ, the hardest as well as the easiest times in life can be a blessing. In all conditions, we can choose the right with the guidance of the Spirit. We have the gospel of Jesus Christ to shape and guide our lives if we choose it. And with prophets revealing to us our place in the plan of salvation, we can live with perfect hope and a feeling of peace. We never need to feel that we are alone or unloved in the Lord’s service because we never are. We can feel the love of God. The Savior has promised angels on our left and our right to bear us up. And He always keeps His word." I know that this is true. I love the strength that comes through faith in Jesus Christ. The strength we recieve comes from the Atonement of Christ. I love you all! Have a great week! 
-Elder Lords


No comments:

Post a Comment