Thursday, August 27, 2015

Nauvoo Pageant

July 27, 2015

Hey Everyone, 
This week was a great week. We went to the temple and the Pageant on Saturday. It was awesome. It was so nice to be in the temple. I have not been to the temple in almost a year so it was so great to go! I love the temple. It is such a great way to serve. We then got to see some sights at Nauvoo. We went to the Browning Gun makers home, Jonathan Browning. It was very cool and while I was there I saw Derick and Debbie and there family. It was crazy. Then we were just given gift after gift. Members would see us around Nauvoo and want to buy us fudge or other souvenirs. People are super nice to the missionaries. You almost feel like a celebrity its crazy haha! The Pageant was sweet. If you havent seen it, you need too! Im going to drag my family out here next summer or as soon as I can. It is a sweet experience, it is a very good show. 
Kelly is on schedule to be baptized this week which is exciting. She passed her interview and is all ready to go. We just have to help her overcome the temptations that Satan will send her way. She is an awesome lady. We also are teaching a cool 14 year old named Jamal. He is on date to get baptized August 15th. We are excited for that! Good day for him to get baptized! ;) 
The pageant like I said was awesome. My favorite line was "You can rest in the Kingdom of God." Some contexct to that line it was said by one of the 12 Apostles in Nauvoo while he was sick from cholera. He was healed by Joesph Smith and Parley P. Pratt. His wife tells him to rest and he responds he has a work to do and says. "You can rest in the kingdom of God." I think that comment is so true. It motivated me to dig deeper and work harder. I can rest when i'm home or when i'm in the Kingdom of God. Here is a great quote from conference if I forget this when im home, someone please remind me. 
"I remind you returned missionaries that your preparation for life and for a family should be continuous. “RM” doesn’t mean “retired Mormon”! As a returned missionary, you “should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of [your] own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness."
The Greatest Generation of Young Adults
By Elder M. Russell Ballard
I love you all! 
-Elder Lords
Pictures are by the Mississippi and a memorial for all the Saints who died crossing the plains. 




No comments:

Post a Comment