Thursday, August 27, 2015

Kelly was baptized

Aug. 3 2015

Hey Everyone, I hope that everything is going well. Kelly was baptized this week which was great! She is a super great lady. She was super prepared to meet us. We met her 5 weeks ago last Sunday. She was super Prepared to get baptized! We also got to go down to the British Pageant this week with a part member family it was great. I love going to Nauvoo! I hope that my next area will be somewhere close to Nauvoo or in Illinois. 
Next week is transfers I cant believe how fast time is passing by. Next Thursday i will have been here in Iowa City for 3 months. My companion has been here for 4 and 1/2 months so he will probably get transferred.
We are also working with a sweet kid named Jamal Johnson. He is a 14 year old. He just moved here from Illinois he is the only one in his family meeting with us and he comes to church alone. It is pretty cool to see his desire. He is on date to be baptized on August 15th. We are excited for that. Keep him in your prayers if you could.  
I am so grateful to be a member of Christ's true church. I love that we have Prophets and Apostles guiding us. Its so hard for me when people think we worship the Prophet or that we don't need Prophets. The Prophets just help us focus on what is important in life and help us know what God wants for us. I love listening to conference talks. I will share a quote from a modern and also a Book of Mormon Prophet: 
"The essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ entails a fundamental and permanent change in our very nature made possible through the Savior’s Atonement. Trueconversion brings a change in one’s beliefs, heart, and life to accept and conform to the will of God (see Acts3:19; 3 Nephi 9:20) and includes a conscious commitment to become a disciple of Christ." 

Converted unto the Lord
By Elder David A. Bednar
October 2012 
I also love what Nephi says in 2nd Nephi 29. That chapter he talks about people who reject the Book of Mormon. I love that chapter its a short, but strong chapter. Read it. Love you all! Have a great week! 
-Elder Lords

No comments:

Post a Comment