Monday, April 6, 2015

What a Life!

Hey Everyone,
Well this week was pretty good. Life as a missionary can be so strange. We were blessed to find a couple of new people to teach again this week. We met an awesome family named Ryan and Chastity. They are an African-American family from Illinois. They are really cool! I am super excited to continue to teach them. We also met a pretty cool guy named Blake. we taught him and he had a lot of questions. He asked about Gays and the church. It was one of the more awkward lessons on my mission but it was great!
We also had exchanges with the Zone leaders this week. I went with Elder Roberts he is from New Port Beach, California. We had a nice time on exchanges.
This week on Tuesday we had Zone conference. Zone Conference involves a little over 1/3 of the mission. It was fun to see a lot of the missionaries that I know. I have made a lot of great friends out here. Zone Conference was such a spirit filled meeting. It was also a little long. It was from 9 to 430. It is divided into a morning and afternoon session with lunch in between at about 12. I was grateful for the meeting. It really gave me a boost. I had been feeling pretty crummy and that meeting somehow just picked up me up and refocused me on what is important.
I am so grateful for the chance to serve a mission. It is so hard sometimes because you grow to love people so much and want to see that happy but they don't always understand the happiness that comes from living the gospel. I hope all is well! Have a great week! Love you all!
-Elder Lords
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment