Monday, March 9, 2015

Transfer Week!

Hey Everyone,
How is everything going?? Well this week is transfer week. President Jensen called this morning and called me to train a new missionary. I said yes of course. I am not sure how I feel about it but im glad to give it a try haha! Things have been going pretty well. We are working with a lot of investigators now its time to decide who is ready to except the gospel and who is not. I had the strong feeling we need to spend more time finding and less time with investigators who want come to church or change. It is very hard though when you grow to love someone like Christ would love them.
Anyways so Elder Sessions will be getting transferred this Thursday. Im sad to see him leave. We had a really good time together. He is a great guy!  We have to be in Iowa City at 8:45 a.m for the Trainers meeting on Thursday. Iowa City is about 115 miles from here or 2 hours. I am curious to see who my companion is. There are only 4 new Elders coming to the mission so I have a 1 in 4 chance of guessing my companion haha!
This week we saw a miracle or an answer to a prayer. Coreana is an investigator who is preparing to get baptized on March 7th. She really wants to join the Church and get baptized. She hasn't missed church in 4 sundays which is a blessing by itself. The only thing holding her back is that she lives with her boyfriend and she has to be living the commandments for 2 weeks before baptism. She said she wanted to fast to make the decision of whether or not to marry him or break up with him and kick him out. Well we were hoping she would break up because we think he is abusive because sometimes we see her with bruising and we know he isn't leglally in the country. Well this week we tried calling her and she wouldn't answer. We were worried that she was going to drop us. But the Lord was watching out for her. Her boyfriend and her got into a fight. SHe kicked him out and he stole her phone. SHe was scared to live at her apartment so she spent a couple days with her Brother. We finally got in contact with her on Friday and she came to the ward game night on Saturday and then church sunday. Heavenly Father loves all his children and I would be an idiot not to recognize his hand in missionary work. Things get tough when I try to do things my way and not Heavenly Fathers way. Im so grateful to be a tool in Heavenly Fathers hand. I am about 100 pages from finishing the Book of Mormon for the 3rd time on my mission. I Love the Book of Mormon. It answers so many questions. Conference is only a little more than a month away and im excited for that! I love conference! I love you all! Have a great week! Sorry for the longish email!
-Elder Lords

No comments:

Post a Comment